Golf & Safari in South Africa
Live the dream with this golf and safari vacation adventure
Begin your epic journey at the luxurious Table Bay Hotel, situated in Cape Town’s Victoria & Alfred Waterfront with its array of wonderful shops, restaurants and bars. You’ll marvel at the panoramic views across the Atlantic Ocean to Robben Island (Apartheid-era “home” of political prisoners such as Nelson Mandela), with the imposing Table Mountain range soaring behind.
Play the course at Arabella Golf and Country Club, a 6-star hotel with a championship course and spa. Ranked by Compleat Golfer magazine as the number one golf course in the Western Cape of South Africa, you’ll enjoy the challenges of rolling fairways, deceptive bunkers and tricky water traps. A truly unique golf course set on the banks of the Bot River Lagoon with its indigenous wild flowers.
Golf & Safari
Entabeni Private Game Reserve, “The Place of the Mountain”, is situated in the World Heritage “Waterberg Biosphere” of the Waterberg region. Less than a three-hour drive north of Johannesburg. This malaria-free reserve boasts five eco-systems. The upper escarpment offers majestic craggy rock formations and wide-open grass plains.
The Legend Golf and Safari Resort
The Legend Golf & Safari Resort presents a world first, namely a championship golf course designed by 18 of the world’s top golfers. This exceptional golf course situated on a luxury estate includes wildlife and spectacular landscapes. The resort reflects the rich cultural legacy of this ancient part of Africa. The “Big Five” roam free on this 22,000 hectare safari conservancy.
Experience golf like you’ve never before from a tee box that is 1400 feet above the green. This is a “one-of-kind” experience for all avid golfers.
OPTIONAL EXTREME 19TH HOLE
The uniqueness of Legend Golf and Safari Resort is reflected in the spectacular Extreme 19th Hole, which is the longest and most dramatic Par 3 in the world.
Set high up on the impressive Hanglip Mountain and accessible only by helicopter, this par 3 hole is played from a vertical height of 1410 feet. After your short, breathtaking helicopter flight, you will the experience of a lifetime teeing off from one of three tee boxes, high up on the escarpment. With advanced technology in the form of four separate cameras and the latest tracking equipment, you’ll be able to follow and capture the tee shot and the flight of the ball.
The Extreme 19th Hole includes:
- Helicopter flights to tee box
- 6 balls – (you may need them)
- Use of clubs
- Assistance from the Resident Pro
- Cap and glove
- Certificate of Completion
Extraordinary value-added prices from $4,399 including:
- Round trip international economy airfare from Washington, DC to Cape Town and back via Johannesburg
- Domestic flights as indicated in itinerary
- Most meals (12) as listed in the itinerary
- Dinner for two at the Table Bay Atlantic Restaurant
- Game drives as specified in itinerary
- Green fees at Arabella Golf and Country Club
- Complimentary use of the driving range at Legends Golf and Safari Resort
- 1 round of golf includes cart and halfway house lunch at Legends
- Five-star accommodations in standard rooms
- Sightseeing as per itinerary led by qualified English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees for sightseeing as indicated
Call us for a complete itinerary and travel dates.Tags: Gay/Lesbian, Golf, Safari, South Africa, South African Wine