USAirways Says “So Long”
USAirways Merger Completed
The merger between USAirways and American Airlines has been completed. On Oct. 16, 2015 USAirways will cease to exist.
To recognize the soon-to-be-defunct company’s founding year, historic flight US1939, will depart from Philadelphia at 10:05 a.m., making stops in Charlotte, Phoenix and San Francisco. Then, it will depart SFO at 9:55 p.m., marking the last flight to operate under the brand USAirways.
If you are flying out the weekend of Oct 16th, your flight will be under American Airlines. Things will probably be a little shaky during the next few weeks. Here’s some advice to help you during this transitional period.
- Arrive at the airport early.
- Have patience – Many employees will be using a new, unfamiliar system.
- Verify your terminal. It may have changed if USAirways and AA had been using terminals in different locations.
- Check, then re-check your gate. Access to certain gates may have changed as a result of the merger.
- Check in on line whenever possible to minimize waiting in long lines.
- If checking your bags, pay your fee on line to reduce long waits at the kiosk or counter.
To USAirways, so long and thanks for the memories!Tags: Airline Merger, Travel, Travel Tips, USAirways